Mesa County Geography Quiz
Start the quiz
1. Where did the city of Grand Junction Get its name from?
The junction of the Bookcliffs and the Grand Mesa
The junction of the interstate 70 and US 50 & 6
The junction of the Colorado River and the Gunnison River
The junction of the Grand River and the Gunnison River
The first airport in Colorado
2. What is the largest body of water in Mesa County?
3. How many incorporated towns and cities are there in Mesa County?
4. What was the original name of the Colorado river?
Grand Fork River
Rio Grande River
5. What percentage of Mesa County is private land?
6. Where is the highest point in Mesa County?
7. How many square miles of land does Mesa County encompass?
5347 square miles
3341 square miles
2026 square miles
4339 square miles
6000 square miles
8. How many forests are there in Mesa County?
9. Where is the headwater of the Colorado River?
Rocky Mountain National Park
San Juan Mountains
10. What percentage of Mesa County is public land?
Great! You've completed the quiz.
Click the submit button below to check your answers or the back button to go back and change your answers.